Lots of core files with latest xscreensaver-gnome

Stacey Roberts stacey at vickiandstacey.com
Mon May 3 12:14:19 PDT 2004

Hi Adam,
   Thanks for the time..,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Adam Weinberger <adamw at freebsd.org>"
To: To Stacey Roberts
Date: Mon, 03 May, 2004 19:45 BST
Subject: Re: Lots of core files with latest xscreensaver-gnome

> >> (05.03.2004 @ 1344 PST): Stacey Roberts said, in 3.6K: <<
> > Hi Adam,

Fair enough.., I'll make sure that X is off before the exercise for each machine. I don't suppose you'd be able to let me know what kind of time-frame I could expect in terms of round-trip completion, would you?

> I hope that someday they'll make -u a default argument to
> portupgrade(1).

Hmm.., reading through the man pages here (from a *NON*-developer's perpective), I guess I could see why the "-u" switch isn't default, just in case *something* fails during the install / registration stages I suppose. Then there's a way to back out. But again, I stress that I'm not pretending to understand that stuff.

On that note though.., see as on all my systems gnomemeeting is un-portupgradeable (openh323-1.12.0_3 is forbidden: http://people.freebsd.org/~eik/portaudit/27c331d5-64c7-11d8-80e3-0020ed76ef5a.html), what are the chances of gnomemeeting being in this state causing problems? I guess I'll find out later tonight, but its good to be prepared.

Thanks again, Adam.

Regards,

Stacey

--