Lots of core files with latest xscreensaver-gnome

Stacey Roberts stacey at vickiandstacey.com
Mon May 3 10:44:42 PDT 2004

Hi Adam,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Adam Weinberger <adamw at FreeBSD.org>"
To: To Stacey Roberts
Date: Mon, 03 May, 2004 17:54 BST
Subject: Re: Lots of core files with latest xscreensaver-gnome

> Clear out everything in /usr/local/lib/compat/pkg and the run:
>
> portupgrade -u -a -f
>
> That will rebuild everything. After you clear out
> /usr/local/lib/compat/pkg, nothing will run until you complete the
> portupgrade.

Thanks for the reply.

As nothing (presumably this refers to X-related apps) will run in between "rm -rf'ing /usr/local/lib/compat/pkg/*" and the portupgrade cmd, is it best then, to ensure that no-one is logged in on X during this exercise?

If anything I'll be looking to run this overnight.

Thanks again, Adam.

Regards,

Stacey

--