yelp problem

Carsten.Rossow at t-online.de Carsten.Rossow at t-online.de
Sun May 2 14:02:22 PDT 2004

Hi,

I have FreeBSD 5.1 with Gnome installed from the packages, and yelp shows
all manual pages. A freshly installed 5.2 also works if Gnome was
installed from the packages, but after a portupgrade or if  installed
Gnome from the ports, the man pages are not shown (not only not shown, but
not even in the table of contents).

I looked all over, and the only things I found was a mail in the archive,
advising to add the MANPATH to the environment. As this is not the case on
the 5.1 system - where yelp works as deired - I doubt that this is the
reason for my problem. How are they found when I'm issuing the man command
if the MANPATH was not set somehow?

I wonder what I am missing. On the 5.1 box, I fond some yelp-related files
in /usr/X11R6/libexec (yelp-db2html, yelp-info2html and yelp-man2html)
that are not on the 5.2 box. If the port did not install them, how do I
get them? What's in the packe the port does not have?

I'm a little helpless and would appreciate some hints.

Carsten