HEADS UP: GNOME 2.6 TODO list

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Fri Mar 12 01:04:58 PST 2004

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 02:33:21 -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at FreeBSD.org>
wrote:

> It's that time again.  We're closing in on the next major GNOME
> release.  There's going to be some really bitchin new changes in this
> release including the super-sexy (well better) GTK+ file chooser,
> spacial Nautilus, better icons and MIME support, faster Yelp, better
> volume handling for FreeBSD, some new desktop modules, and other cool
> stuff.
>
> This time around, we're trying to make it easy for the user to upgrade,
> so we've pounded out an upgrade script.  If that still causes problems
> for users, we will have full GNOME 2.6.0 packages for all supported
> versions of FreeBSD ready when 2.6.0 hits the ports tree.  Pretty nifty,
> eh?

GNOME team did the awsome job on this, so thanks! :-) I will try to test
many stuff and others as usually.

Do you still need someone to test on upgrade script or it's done?

/me goes to bed...nite!

--
bsdforums.org 's moderator, mezz.