Unable to Upgrade Xscreensaver-gnome 4.15

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Sat Mar 6 21:52:59 PST 2004

On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 17:00:00 -0500, Bob Perry <rperry4 at earthlink.net>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Tried unsuccessfully this morning to upgrade xscreensaver-gnome-14.1_1,
> to xscreensaver-gnome-4.15.  First 4 attempts using portupgrade resulted
> in a truncated file .  The alternate site for downgrade was
> ftp.FreeBSD.org/, but the file wasn't there.
>
> Tried to port the file manually as suggested, but the upgrade program
> failed to recognize the new tar file indicating that there was a
> "checksum mismatch".  I did notice that the truncated file had a Feb 26
> timestamp while the file I manually downloaded from www.jwz.org had a
> Mar 6 timestamp.
>
> I really haven't used the screensaver function in gnome for some time,
> so this is not an urgent matter.  However, just thought I'd pass along
> my experience.

Works fine here:
==================================
# make extract
===>  Vulnerability check disabled
>> xscreensaver-4.15.tar.gz doesn't seem to exist in /usr/ports/distfiles/.
>> Attempting to fetch from http://www.jwz.org/xscreensaver/.
xscreensaver-4.15.tar.gz                      100% of 3950 kB  343 kBps
00m00s
===>  Extracting for xscreensaver-gnome-4.15
>> Checksum OK for xscreensaver-4.15.tar.gz.

Perhaps, you can try 'make distclean' then try it again? Try to update
your ports tree first, before you give it another try.

--
bsdforums.org 's moderator, mezz.