Unable to Upgrade Xscreensaver-gnome 4.15

Bob Perry rperry4 at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 6 13:59:26 PST 2004

Hello,

Tried unsuccessfully this morning to upgrade xscreensaver-gnome-14.1_1,
to xscreensaver-gnome-4.15.  First 4 attempts using portupgrade resulted
in a truncated file .  The alternate site for downgrade was
ftp.FreeBSD.org/, but the file wasn't there.

Tried to port the file manually as suggested, but the upgrade program
failed to recognize the new tar file indicating that there was a
"checksum mismatch".  I did notice that the truncated file had a Feb 26
timestamp while the file I manually downloaded from www.jwz.org had a
Mar 6 timestamp.

I really haven't used the screensaver function in gnome for some time,
so this is not an urgent matter.  However, just thought I'd pass along
my experience.

Bob Perry

--
I've learned that whatever hits the fan will not be evenly
distributed.

FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE-p2 #0