Firefox cannot restart after installing extension

Piotr Smyrak piotr.smyrak at heron.pl
Thu Jun 17 01:17:14 PDT 2004

Hi,

I noticed a problem with recent Firefox. When I try to install an
extension from update.mozilla.org, and restart the browser to take
effect. I started it from CLI and after

it starts with a window "Firefox is finishing installing extensions.
This could take a minute...". Then it lasts forever without any
effect and I cannot see any advances after many minutes. No more
messages to the terminal. Pre-starting firefox as root does not
help. Installing themes works OK.

To restore functionality I had to remove the .mozilla/firefox
directory and start over. Removing only Extensions dir in it did not
help.

Thanks,
--
 Piotr Smyrak