bonobo-activation coredumps

Jonathon McKitrick jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org
Thu Jun 10 12:29:48 GMT 2004

On Tue, Jun 01, 2004 at 01:17:19PM -0500, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
: On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 13:39:29 +0100, Jonathon McKitrick
: <jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org> wrote:
:
: >: You can't give us the coredump, but you have failed to tell us what's
: >: version of FreeBSD and etc like pkg_info and uname. I have no problem
: >with
: >: bonobo-activation here. Did you upgrade or just a clean installtion of
: >: gnome2-lite?
: >
: >Oops, sorry.
:
: Can you try to update your ports tree, then do the 'pkgdb -F' and
: 'portupgrade -ra'? There are few things that need to update like we have
: libbonobo 2.6.2 and etc. However, after that and let us know the result.
:
: If it doesn't help, then all I can think of is for you to recompile
: libbonobo with debug and run it under gdb to get the backtraces. Unless,
: one of my team have any of better idea.

Well, I'm going to have to take the next step.  I just don't get it: the
exact same build on my laptop works fine.  For my Athlon desktop, it dies
while libbonobo is trying to start nautilus.

Do I just 'make -DDEBUG reinstall' after deinstalling?

jm
--
My other computer is your Windows box.