pkgconfig-related problem.

andrew.lankford at verizon.net andrew.lankford at verizon.net
Sun Jul 25 14:09:05 PDT 2004

I encountered problems building mplayerplug-in
 earlier because of a misnamed file in /usr/X11R6/libdata/pkgconfig.

This looks like the error that stopped my first
 attempt at the port build:

===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for mplayerplug-in-2.66
===>   mplayerplug-in-2.66 depends on file: /usr/X11R6/libdata/pkgconfig/mozilla-plugin-gtk1.pc - not found

I found that all the mozilla* files in
/usr/X11R6/libdata/pkgconfig had filenames with
"-gtk1-gtk1.pc" at the end.  After I copied
"mozilla-plugin-gtk1-gtk1.pc" to
 "mozilla-plugin-gtk1.pc" the build finished
successfully.  I take that there is a bug in the
ports tree/pkg management tools/who-knows-what, but
I'm not sure where to start.  I can tell you that I'm
running Freebsd-amd64 and that I built mozilla from
mozilla-gtk1/ in the ports tree a few days before
 mplayer-plugin.

Hope this is helpful,

Andrew L.