ports/70343: libgtkhtml won't build

paul beard paulbeard at mac.com
Sat Aug 14 16:20:16 PDT 2004

The following reply was made to PR ports/70343; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: paul beard <paulbeard at mac.com>
To: freebsd-ports-bugs at FreeBSD.org, FreeBSD-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: ports/70343: libgtkhtml won't build
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 16:13:16 -0700

 On Aug 11, 2004, at 9:20 PM, FreeBSD-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org wrote:

 > Thank you very much for your problem report.
 > It has the internal identification `ports/70343'.
 > The individual assigned to look at your
 > report is: freebsd-ports-bugs.

 for some reason, the webpage for updating PRs won't load: it times out,
 so I can't use that to update this. The good news is, I worked about
 libgtkhtml not building by simply commenting out the tests target in
 the Makefile. The bad news is, that's not really a fix. There's
 something about the GNOME_VFS_PRIORITY_DEFAULT variable that I couldn't
 track down. Its name was changed in the 1.99 release (more than 2 years
 ago) so I'm tempted to file this under "it should *never* have worked"
 but that's obviously wrong.

 > 2001-11-16    <micke at codefactory.se>
 >
 >    * tests/prop-editor.c (properties_from_type):
 >    - g_param_get_nick->g_param_spec_get_nick
 >    - g_param_get_blurb->g_param_spec_get_blurb.
 >
 >    * tests/browser-window.c (url_requested):
 >    GNOME_VFS_DEFAULT_PRIORITY->GNOME_VFS_PRIORITY_DEFAULT

 And I couldn't find GNOME_VFS_DEFAULT_PRIORITY referenced anywhere.

 I pull sources with cvsup each morning and before each build attempt,
 if I find a problem, so stale source files shouldn't be an issue here.

 Now portupgrade is humming along quite busily.
 --
 Paul Beard
 <www.paulbeard.org/>