2.6 upgrade issue

andy at neu.net andy at neu.net
Sat Apr 24 19:31:14 GMT 2004

I finally got the 2.6 upgrade script to work, many thanks to the
developers for their great work on Gnome in general, and the upgrade
script in particular.

I just have one problem from the upgrade.  The application font in Mozilla
got corrupted.  I use a Fixed 10 pt. font as my application font, set via
desktop preference menu.  Now when I open Mozilla the fonts on all the
menus (File, edit, etc.), and dialog boxes are real big and jagged,
totally out of proportion.  I have never installed any fonts to the base system, unless a
port installs something.

I tried to make deinstall, and make reinstall the URW font but that did
not fix it.  Any advice to get the fonts back to the way they were would be
appreciated.

TIA,

Andy