Typing in Gnometerminal on Gnome-2.6 now slower?

Stacey Roberts stacey at vickiandstacey.com
Fri Apr 16 18:59:22 GMT 2004

Hello,
    Since upgrading Gnome to Gnome-2.6 on a couple of machines, I've noticed using Gnometerminal "feels" different.

When typing really quickly the chars appear on screen in an almost "frame-by-frame" kind of slow motion, and if I press and hold a key (say "p") you can really notice that the letter doesn't smoothly appear and scroll across the screen as before. Has anyone else noticed this behaviour? I wouldn't have mentioned it, had it not been the case of more than one machine now displays this.

I'm running the latest of all Gnome-2.6 components as of a few minutes ago. Let me know if I can post further information, if needed please.

Regards,

Stacey