gnome crashing + keyboard problem

Victor Ivanov v0rbiz at icon.bg
Sun Apr 11 10:50:27 GMT 2004

Hi there

This is a little problem, the keyboard in the terminal program (which looks
to be a xterm) behaves really strange. It misses keystrokes, repeats other
and generally makes the terminal unusable.

While running xterm with a different window manager (xfce4 for example)
everything's just fine.

Another problem is 'gnome-settings-daemon' crashing right after the initial
splash screen when starting the session. I tried the 'Inform' option but
it locked up the window manager (ctrl-alt-backspace was needed).

I haven't tried other applications under gnome. I just depend too much on
a working terminal.

The versions are, FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE-p4, gnome 2.6 portupgraded from
two days ago. pkg_version -L = | wc -l displays 0 after the portupgrade.

I'll cvsup the ports collection right after sending this mail and try
to upgrade what's not up to date (if there's such thing). I have near
600 ports installed right now :/

I can try deleting everything and rebuilding again but right now
312 ports depend on 'pkgconfig' and with my slow CPU I'll have an unusable
workstation for a really long time :(

Regards