gnome_upgrade.sh - noclean mode?

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Fri Apr 9 20:17:02 GMT 2004

> From: Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at marcuscom.com>
> Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 15:44:26 -0400
> Sender: owner-freebsd-gnome at freebsd.org
>
> On Fri, 2004-04-09 at 15:39, Aniruddha Bohra wrote:
> > Hello
> > 	I tried installing Gnome-2.6 and it failed
> > due to gstreamer (I found the solution on this list),
> > but I do not want to go through the whole build process again.
> >=20
> > 	Is there a way that I can upgrade without having
> > to build everything again. BTW, I can start gnome and it
> > is the new version.
>
> Edit the script, and remove the -f from the main upgrade step.

Is this really safe? Won't it possibly result in some ports not being
re-installed? I grepped through the log and added excludes (-x) for the
ports that had already been installed, but just removing the -f would
certainly be easier.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)