[Fwd: Re: Assistance with Resolving Gnome 2.6 Upgrade Faliure]

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Thu Apr 8 03:21:53 GMT 2004

On Wed, 07 Apr 2004 23:06:42 -0400, Bob Perry <rperry4 at earthlink.net>
wrote:

> Not sure if you're keeping score, but if it had not been for the dropped
> connection,
> I would have had a perfect run the first time through.
> Congratulations.

Good! :-)

> BTW, I notice that the first thing I see when I start X-Windows is a
> dialogue
> box saying "Failed to load image abiword_48.png".  Not a major problem
> though.
>
> P.S.: My GNOME is definitely going on a diet.
>
> Bob Perry
>
> Jeremy,
> Just an update.  I just cvsup'd my ports and ran pkg_version.
> abiword is no where to be found.  Is this a bug, or has it become
> something new?

editors/AbiWord or editors/AbiWord2? The AbiWord has been deleted, because
everyone should go for AbiWord2 these day. It's beautiful and fast, but I
don't use it. I am using TextMaker with FreeBSD license. I know, it's not
beautiful as AbiWord2, but it works with the Microsoft Word's format files
a lot better than OpenOffice and AbiWord2. Also, it's more stable that
fits my need.

BTW: I am CC'ing back to freebsd-gnome mailing list, because I don't
really know the answer with missing image or anything with AbiWord2
anymore.

--
bsdforums.org 's moderator, mezz.