nautilus2-2.4.1 crashes

Peter Ulrich Kruppa root at pukruppa.de
Thu Nov 20 08:57:09 PST 2003

Hi!

Last weekend I cvsup'ped my -CURRENT . Something went wrong with
buildworld (XFree86 and some basic OS-stuff didn't work anymore).
I could repair this with the help of some people from the
-CURRENT list.
But nautilus keeps crashing, since. I receive:

Die Anwendung  »nautilus« (Prozess-Nr. 734) ist wegen eines
schweren Fehlers abgestürzt:
(Segmentation fault)

which means: 	The application >>nautilus<< (Process ID 734)
		crashed due to a segmentation fault

In the meantime I deleted the nautilus package, cvsup'ped
again, rebuild my system and did a
# portupgrade -r pkgconfig
Everything compiled and installed, including nautilus. But I
still receive this error.

Mind: this is only a nautilus problem. I can use metacity, gnome
menu bar and all my applications.

What can be done?

Regards,

Uli.