gaim won't stop mail alerts

Scott Dodson sdodson at email.gasou.edu
Tue Jun 24 12:42:43 PDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-06-24 at 18:47, Brian Gruber wrote:
> Hey,
>
> gaim has lately been showing me mail alerts for my aol
> account which my AIM screename is linked to.  this
> even though i have that feature turned off in my
> accounts preferences.  I /think/ this started when I
> upgraded to gaim .64, but I can't be sure.  I've run
> the same version on the same computer under Gentoo
> Linux and it does not exhibit the same behavior.  I'm
> not really sure what other details would be useful for
> this kind of bug, but let me know and i will do my
> best to provide.
>
> thanks,
> brian

It seems gaim is in quite a state of flux right now.  It crashes
constantly on me.  Based on their site it looks like they're doing a
major re-engineering of the app.  Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

My problem is that it gets stuck in a loop if I lose connectivity and
chews up cpu time.

--
Scott