gaim won't stop mail alerts

Brian Gruber knightbg at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 24 11:47:38 PDT 2003

Hey,

gaim has lately been showing me mail alerts for my aol
account which my AIM screename is linked to.  this
even though i have that feature turned off in my
accounts preferences.  I /think/ this started when I
upgraded to gaim .64, but I can't be sure.  I've run
the same version on the same computer under Gentoo
Linux and it does not exhibit the same behavior.  I'm
not really sure what other details would be useful for
this kind of bug, but let me know and i will do my
best to provide.

thanks,
brian