How to retain size of gnome-terminal windows?

none_NOSPAM at siu.edu none_NOSPAM at siu.edu
Sat Jun 21 07:59:05 PDT 2003

Once upon a time in FreeBSD-4.8/4.7 I found/figured out how to retain
the resized dimensions of gnome-terminal windows between Gnome sessions,
but now under 5.1-RC1 I can't remember just what I did to achieve this.
No settings anywhere that I have looked at or tried to set, or save,
have made any difference - the dad-blasted windows keep resetting
themselves to some default size whenever I start up Gnome2.

I would appreciate any biscuit crumbs available to "fix" the dimensions
of my gnome-terminal windows.