gnome splash screen

Samy Al Bahra samy at kerneled.com
Sat Jun 21 04:41:04 PDT 2003

Hey,
> this is not meant to be rude to the designer who made the splashscreen
> to gnome. it has great design and all that. BUT, what is a OpenBSD
> daemon doing there?
You are certainly not the first to realize that this daemon was used for
an OpenBSD jewel case cover (iirc, this daemon wasn't even used. Just
the model's wireframe). OpenBSD's real mascot is puffy, not this guy.
Meaning, this is by no means an "OpenBSD" daemon. Anyways, a daemon is a
daemon, and I found this one the most fit for such a concept. Next major
GNOME release I will work on a more funky-approach using the daemon
FreeBSD uses most.

Now, stop this pickering :)