In upgrading Gnome-1.4 to Gnome-2.2, what about already installed Gnome apps?

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Wed Apr 23 15:17:51 PDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-04-23 at 17:46, Stacey Roberts wrote:

> Yes, I've done this already..,

Sounds work fine for me.  Make sure your volume is turned up, and check
to see that esd is running.

> I'm weary to think about it here.., but I think that the delayed login
> is back again (took almost 1.5 mins just now) on this box.., I'm hoping
> that its a matter of Gnome-2.2 sort of "warming up" or something?

GNOME 2 starts up just fine for me.  If you had a ~/.gnome2/session file
from before for some reason, you should delete it.  Note, the more
applications you set to start when you login, the longer things will
take.  I just start the default set plus one gnome-terminal.

Joe