fontconfig 2.2.0 on -stable

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Tue Apr 22 14:38:50 PDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-04-22 at 17:31, Mike Hoskins wrote:
> In tracking down some problems with a recent mozilla upgrade, I've noticed
> fontconfig 2.2.0 doesn't seem to build here on -stable as of a few days
> ago.  I've attached the output from 'portupgrade ... | tee log'.  I would
> just grab the binary package, but it is quite old and the newer versions
> of GTK, etc. that Mozilla wants depend on this newer fontconfig.

You have some old include paths on your system.  First, delete all
versions of freetype2.  You should only have freetype2-2.1.4_1 installed
(note, you may need to reinstall it), and the only libfreetype.so.9
should be in /usr/local/lib.

After taking care of that, look at /usr/local/include and
/usr/X11R6/include.  The only freetype directories in /usr/local/include
should be:

freetype2

and optionally:

freetype1

Delete anything else.  In /usr/X11R6/include, you should have only one
freetype2 directory, but it should contain _no files_.  After verifying
all of that, fontconfig should build just fine.

> I suspect this is my primary issue, because attempting to install the
> packages for GTK, Pango, etc. that require fontconfig result in fc-cache
> being called and consuming 100% CPU indefinately. (?)

This is fixed in fontconfig 2.2.0.

Joe