Error installing port

Bram Moolenaar Bram at moolenaar.net
Sat Apr 19 14:32:06 PDT 2003

Mezz -

> > > It's kind of off point, forgive me. :-) Seems like you are going to
> > > test the vim-gtk2 patch, so can be included in the 6.2, am I right?
> > > :-D I love vim-gtk2, it rocks and using it for months. ;-)
> >
> >Yes, I'm including the GTK 2 patch.  With the old GTK 2.0 that I have
> >bold fonts are not displayed correctly.  I was trying to find out if
> >this is a GTK problem or not.  We might have to adjust the configure
> >check to the minimal version of GTK 2.0 with which Vim works properly.
> >The same is done for GTK 1.1 (minimal version that works is 1.1.16).
>
> The bold, underlind and italic work fine here. Check the screenshot:
> http://mezzweb.com:81/images/vim-gtk2.png
>
> It's Vim 6.1.435 with vim-gtk2-20030404 patch. So, looks like it's issue
> with your fonts or else. I am using /usr/ports/x11-fonts/bitstream-vera
> right now and it does work fine with Microsoft's fonts.

It's either a font problem or a problem of GTK 2.0.0.  Or one of the
libraries it uses.  It looks like the bold characters are counted as
being one pixel wide, so that the next character is drawn on top of the
previous one.

If it's a problem with the GTK version, we could make configure check
for a minimal GTK version that will work.

- Bram

12. Sing along at the opera.

 /// Bram Moolenaar -- Bram at Moolenaar.net -- http://www.Moolenaar.net   \\\
///          Creator of Vim - Vi IMproved -- http://www.Vim.org          \\\