Problem with the GdkXft gnome control center applet / Antialiasing [scanned]

snooze snooze at ircnet.de
Fri Apr 18 12:00:03 PDT 2003

Hello there people, i'm writing this mail due to a gnomecc related
problem. I have installed the artwiz-fonts from the ports collection,
but i still can not choose this font anywhere, except in an xterm. gtk1
and gtk2 do not recognize it. Perhaps anyone knows how to solve that. I
also found that the gkrellm-gnome port is missing for gkrellm1. The
artwiz font works fine with fluxbox when i put the font called "snap" in
a style file.

Something about Mozilla:
I get something like the following sometimes:
LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library
/usr/local/jdk1.3.1/jre/plugin/i386/ns600/libjavaplugin_oji.so [Cannot
open "/usr/local/jdk1.3.1/jre/plugin/i386/ns600/libjavaplugin_oji.so"]

That's it for now, the gdkxft capplet of gnomecc (i do not mean
gnome-control-center as of gnome2) does not load when i want to load it
from there, so i only can use normal fonts, but why bother.

Anyways, FreeBSD performs great on one of my stations. I'm happy with it.

Thank you very much. Bye from Germany, snooze at ircnet.de