ports/50604: portupgrade -R of dia-0.90 fails after today's cvsup of ports tree

Stacey Roberts stacey at vickiandstacey.com
Sat Apr 5 15:04:51 PST 2003

Hello Joe,

On Sat, 2003-04-05 at 23:54, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-04-05 at 17:52, Stacey Roberts wrote:
> > Hello Joe (& Piero),

> > > You know, Piero may be on to something.  You _do_ have out-of-date
> > > modules loading in your XF86Config.  Prune your "Module" section so that
> > > it just contains:
> > >
> > >         Load  "dbe"
> > >         Load  "extmod"
> > >         Load  "glx"
> > >         Load  "freetype"
> > >         Load  "type1"
> > >         Load  "speedo"
> > >

> > > Note, glx (and dri) are optional.  See if that helps.
> > >

> > Okay.., here's what I've now got:
> > Section "Module"
> >         Load  "dbe"
> >         Load  "dri"
> >         Load  "extmod"
> >         Load  "glx"
> >         Load  "speedo"
> >         Load  "freetype"
> >         Load  "type1"
> > EndSection
> >
> > I'll redo the logoff / login procedure, and see what happens.

Okay.., I'm back.., but no change - 2 minutes, 18 seconds this time
around.

> Okay.  Also, you're not seeing the GNOME splash screen while X appears
> hung are you?

No.., nothing else besides the big "X" cursor - which I can move with
the mouse, so I'm not sure if "hung" is the best way to characterize
it..,

The times I'm providing here is the time it takes between my running
"startx" and the point where the Gnome startup splash GUI appears.

Is there anything of interest in that ktrace file I sent earlier?
Are there any other files / logs that might be relevant to this?

Regards,

Stacey

--
Stacey Roberts