documentation of GEOM data structures needed

Erich Dollansky erich at alogt.com
Mon Nov 11 08:24:14 UTC 2013

Hi,

I would need a documentation of the GEOM data structure. A disk got
damages in a strange way during the process of backing up data. It was
partitioned with gpart as all my disks using the MBR schema. When
creating the backup, the system crashed. The disk was not usable
anymore. I found out that the MBR was overwritten before the backup was
started while the beginning of the first partition seems to be ok.

I hope to be able to recover the data saving me one week of work.

Erich