gvinum and raid5

Marco Haddad freebsd-lists at ideo.com.br
Wed Oct 31 12:28:11 PDT 2007

Hello,

I have been using gvinum to build raid5 volumes since vinum retairement with
some success. Most dificulties are related to not yet implemented commands,
but the hope for a more complete version keeps me goning on.

I found in recent researchs that a lot of people say gvinum should not be
trusted, when it comes to raid5. I began to get worried. Am I alone using
gvinum raid5? Did everyone abandon it? What about the development guys? Is
there anyone still working on it? Will a complete gvinum ever be released?

Hopping for good news,
Marco Haddad