gvinum behaviour on disk failure

R. B. Riddick arne_woerner at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 28 16:22:51 UTC 2006

Hmm...

I just did some experiments with gnop and my graid5 class:

Somehow a gnop device with 100% failure probability is not removed from the
graid5, although there were read accesses which failed with EIO...

So I added some new lines, that retry up to 50 times (via my good old ENOMEM
trick: that is issuing a ENOMEM instead of EIO or so...) and after 10 retries
it removes the failing disk...

Should we do that for the other geom classes, too? For maximum reliability...

Or do I miss something? Or is my graid5 class somehow ill in this point?

-Arne