FireFox + Pulseaudio is always using sink 0 instead of default sink(9 in my case)

Andreas Drewke andreas at drewke.net
Thu Jun 27 18:06:18 UTC 2019

Hi,

$ ffmpeg -i ChID-BLITS-EBU-Narration.mp4 -f wav - | paplay

This indeed uses sink 0 in your test. If I do

$ ffmpeg -i ChID-BLITS-EBU-Narration.mp4 -f wav - | paplay -d 9

i hear the sound.

Any hints how to fix this?

My default.pa looks like:

     $ cat .config/pulse/default.pa
     .include /usr/local/etc/pulse/default.pa

     load-module module-combine-sink sink_name=record-n-play
slaves=oss_output.dsp6 sink_properties=device.description="Record-and-Play"

     set-default-sink record-n-play

Many thanx and

Best regards
Andreas