FireFox + Pulseaudio is always using sink 0 instead of default sink(9 in my case)

Jan Beich jbeich at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jun 25 18:29:19 UTC 2019

Andreas Drewke <andreas at drewke.net> writes:

>> Have you tried "pacmd set-default-sink 9" ? Alternatively, remove
>> ~/.config/pulse and let PA pick up default from hw.snd.default_unit.
>
> Yes. Both. Also be aware that
>
>> about:support Shows 9 as default device. This is strange. Indeed
> setting >media.cubeb.output_device does not work too. I have now no
> idea how to fix this. However if FBSD 13 comes out I do a fresh
> install. But maybe you still have an idea. Many thanx and Best regards

Does paplay(1) use the correct sink? Maybe default sink doesn't persist
after pulseaudio daemon exits.

$ fetch https://www2.iis.fraunhofer.de/AAC/ChID-BLITS-EBU-Narration.mp4
$ pkill pulseaudio
$ ffmpeg -i ChID-BLITS-EBU-Narration.mp4 -f wav - | paplay
$ firefox ChID-BLITS-EBU-Narration.mp4