solved [Re: FreeBSD current: ZFS root mounted readonly at boot]

Michael Schuster michaelsprivate at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 18:56:49 UTC 2020

On Wed, Dec 2, 2020 at 12:53 PM Ivailo A. Tanusheff
<ITanusheff at postbank.bg> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can you provide:
> zpool get all
>
> Regards,
> Ivailo

I just realised I sent the reply to Ivailo's question only to him ...
sorry, that wasn't my intention.

Be that as it may: this turned out to be this setting:

root_rw_mount="NO"

in /etc/rc.conf, which seems to have been present (and ignored) since
I installed this machine w. GhostBSD (12.1, then 12.2) in July, and
only with the switch to CURRENT did it take effect, it appears.
setting this to "YES" solved the issue immediately, / is now mounted rw.

thx to all who pitched in.
Michael
--
Michael Schuster