zpool offline after replace?

Bengt Ahlgren bengt.ahlgren at ri.se
Thu Jun 27 08:45:27 UTC 2019

I have a dual vdev raidz2 pool with 2x6 disks.  One disk is failing so I
did a zpool replace with a more or less identical disk without first
offline:ing the failing disk, as I have done a couple of times before
without issues:

# zpool replace pool diskA diskB

The resilvering started, but is very slow - the failing disk is simply
in a worse state than I thought, so I want to offline it:

# zpool offline pool diskA

So, to the question: Is this safe to offline the failing disk that is in
the process of being replaced?  The server runs 11.2-REL, if that
matters.

Regards,

Bengt