What append when arc full

Shane Ambler FreeBSD at ShaneWare.Biz
Fri Jun 15 04:18:17 UTC 2018

On 14/06/2018 15:13, Albert Shih wrote:
> Le 14/06/2018 à 13:06:07+0930, Shane Ambler a écrit

>> If you want to keep some ram free for your processes, then you can set
>> vfs.zfs.arc_max to limit the ram used by ARC. On recent system versions
>> you can change it dynamically using sysctl or you can set it in
>
> "dynamically" .... I though it's only can set at boot time, at least it's
> what
>
>     https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/zfs-advanced.html

It seems the handbook has dropped behind. The ability to change arc_max
and arc_min at runtime was merged into stable/10 and stable/11 almost
two years ago, that means 10.4 and 11.x can do it but 10.3 or older will
have to be set in /boot/loader.conf

--
FreeBSD - the place to B...Storing Data

Shane Ambler