pNFS server merge into head/current?

Rick Macklem rmacklem at uoguelph.ca
Fri Jun 8 20:57:04 UTC 2018

I've been working on a pNFS service for the nfsd for some time now.
(pNFS is an optional feature of NFSv4.1, so this is a component of the NFSv4.1
 server already in the "nfsd".)

The first attempt using GlusterFS was a failure and is just bitrotting.
The second attempt is here:
base/projects/pnfs-planb-server
and seems to be working ok now.

It is a big patch, but has survived a "make universe" and shouldn't affect operation
of the nfsd unless it is enabled will the new command option "-p".

If you are interested in more information, you can look here:
http://people.freebsd.org/~rmacklem/pnfs-planb-setup.txt

I think the code is ready for head and I'd like to merge it in.
So, I thought I'd ask others on the project if they are ok with me doing this?

Thanks, rick