Need help with sysutils/fusefs-smbnetfs

Mikhail T. mi+b at aldan.algebra.com
Thu Feb 1 19:08:21 UTC 2018

2/1/2018 3:48 AM, Stefan Esser пише:

> Did you test with version 3 of the FUSE library? The port should be
> converted to that version, anyway, since development of version 2 has
> stopped.

I just committed the changes necessary to build with fuse3, should the
user so desire or should the default fuse-version change.

However, I can not report any obvious advantages from using it at this
time. Worse, because the direct_io option -- despite being documented in
mount_fusefs(8) -- is not supported by fuse3, the read-throughput is now
back down to hundreds of kilobytes per second... As you may remember, by
using direct_io I was able to go up to 8MB/second with fuse2 (although
smbclient itself could read at 20MB/s).

Yours,

    -mi