ctl_isc_lun_sync: Received conflicting HA LUN

Mikhail Zakharov zmey20000 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 24 09:46:30 UTC 2018

Hi Karli,

Thank you, I’m just exploring the storage abilities of my preferred OS - FreeBSD.

Three nodes are preferable to choose the quorum for sure, but my idea was not to establish contacts between nodes. Instead of it, BQ uses a small partition for the “quorum” on the same space where data volume is located. And if a node looses access to the quorum it means, it looses access to the data volume too. Now, BQ runs on both nodes and both BQ instances write stamps to the quorum partition. If for any reason BQ on one node detects, the other node stops updating it’s stamps, it performs failover procedure. It’s quite a questionable, rude way, I can agree, and that’s why I always write a warning to use the BeaST for testing only purposes.

Best regards,
Mike