Problem with FUSE + fts

Hiroshi Nishida nishida at asusa.net
Thu Mar 31 15:51:49 UTC 2016

Since you do stuff much closer to the real filesystem, it is understandable that you did not know the interfaces provided through libfuse.

However for many people who start writing their own FUSE filesystems, using high/low level interfaces in libfuse is very common.
A tutorial like
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-fuse/
or an example at
https://github.com/libfuse/libfuse/blob/master/example/hello.c
always shows how to use them and I guess many FUSE based filesystems use similar techniques.
Therefore, /usr/ports/sysutils/fusefs-libs is necessary in many cases, not to mention fuse.ko at /usr/src/sys/fs/fuse, for using or creating a FUSE based filesystem.

Since my problem is likely to happen also with Linux, I will continue discussing at fuse-devel ML.

Thank you.

--
Hiroshi Nishida
nishida at asusa.net