Strange UFS write problem & SU+J "unexpected inconsistences" on 9.1-STABLE r253105 after it on OTHER filesystems.

Lev Serebryakov lev at FreeBSD.org
Mon Sep 23 12:21:12 UTC 2013

Hello, Kirk.
You wrote 23 сентября 2013 г., 2:24:02:

[SEND THIS NOT ONLY DIRECTLY, BUT IN LIST TOO]

>>  I have dumped both FSes with "dumpfs" and "dumpfs -f" before manual check
>> and have block-dumped /tmp (as it is small enough).
>>
>>  You could find them at
>>
>>  http://lev.serebryakov.spb.ru/FreeBSD/suj-crash/
>>
>> --
>> // Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev at FreeBSD.org>

KM> Have you run a manual (fsck -f) on the affected filesystems? If so,
  Hm. What do you mean by "Affected" here? I have 4 filesystems (/, /var,
/tmp, /usr), 2 of them was affected before crash (/ and /var -- WRITE
errors), but these were fixed by fsck automatically. And two of them (/tmp
and /usr) were not affected before crash, but fsck refused to fix them
automatically. I've run fsck -f /tmp and /usr, but not on / and /var, as I
didn't see dmesg buffer when system was in single-user mode (I didn't know
about WRITE errors yet) and I trust fsck, which says, that it repair them
successfully with journal on boot after crash. And, yes, /tmp and /var were
fixed with several questions like "invalid block count, fix or not". I
didn't save output :(

KM> was it able to clean them up? If not, please do so and save the output
KM> of fsck (using script command is usually the easiest way to do this).
  It looks like I need to run manual fsck on / and /var (which are mentioned
 as WRITE ERROR in post-mortem dump), but I need to get physical access to
 this server, and it is hard for next two weeks :(

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev at FreeBSD.org>