ext2fs bug

gabor at zahemszky.hu gabor at zahemszky.hu
Sun Jun 23 11:51:02 UTC 2013

> On Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 11:43:13AM +0200, gabor at zahemszky.hu wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> >What FreeBSD version are you using?
>>
>> Sorry for the missing information: it's 9.1-p4 Amd64
>>
>> >In the past 3-4 weeks there have been *tons* of ext2fs fixes in
>> >stable/9, and I'm not exaggerating in the least.  You will not find
>> >these fixes being backported to 9.1-RELEASE or earlier.
>>
>> If they will be in 9.2 or in 10, it will be good.
>>
>> >I strongly recommend you try a recent stable/9 (i.e. past few days)
>> >with ext2fs.  You can try a stable/9 ("RELENG_9") ISO snapshot
>> here:
>> >
>> >https://pub.allbsd.org/FreeBSD-snapshots/

Well, I downloaded:

https://pub.allbsd.org/FreeBSD-snapshots/amd64-amd64/9.1-RELENG_9-r252093-JPSNAP/iso/FreeBSD-9.1-RELENG_9-r252093-JPSNAP-amd64-amd64-memstick.img

booted my machine from a flash drive with that IMG. Mounted the same
ext2 prtitions
and got the same result. The same files are missing, and the same
errors on the console.

:-(

What next?

Thanks,