Help! :( ZFS panic on boot, importing pool after server crash.

Dr Josef Karthauser josefkarthauser at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 12:51:44 UTC 2013

On 14 Jun 2013, at 12:00, Volodymyr Kostyrko <c.kworr at gmail.com> wrote:

> 14.06.2013 12:55, Dr Josef Karthauser:
>> Hi, I'm a bit at the end of my tether.

>> p.s. the config, btw, is a ZFS mirror on two ad devices. It's got a ZFS root file system.
>
> If you are fairly sure about your devices you can:
>
> 1. Remove second disk from pool or create another pool on top of it.
>
> 2. Recreate all FS structure on the second disk. You can dump al your FS with something like:

Great. Thanks for that.

Have you got a hint as to how I can get access to the root file system? It's currently set to have a legacy mount point.  Which means that when I import the pool:

	# zfs import -o readonly=on -o altroot=/tmp/zfs -f poolname

the root filesystem is missing.  Then if I try and set the mount point:

	#zfs set mountpoint=/tmp/zfs2 poolname

it just sits there; probably because the command is blocking on the R/O pool, or something.

How do I temporarily remount the root filesystem so that I can get access to the files?

Thanks,
Joe