Report: ZFS deadlock in 9-STABLE

Travis Mikalson bofh at terranova.net
Mon Jul 29 10:57:29 UTC 2013

Xin Li wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry for the top posting but I am quite convinced that this is a
> known issue that we have seen with our customer.  Please try applying
> this patch [1] and please report back if that fixes your problem.

It has been 21 days since I booted a kernel with your patch applied and
so far so good. This is the longest this system has gone without
livelocking before.

I'll report back one last time if this system makes it another few weeks
without a livelock, since that will be an extremely strong indication
that I was having the problem that you seem to have resolved with this
patch.