Report: ZFS deadlock in 9-STABLE

Travis Mikalson bofh at terranova.net
Mon Jul 8 18:39:04 UTC 2013

Xin Li wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry for the top posting but I am quite convinced that this is a
> known issue that we have seen with our customer.  Please try applying
> this patch [1] and please report back if that fixes your problem.
>
> Note that if you would like to provide more help, we would appreciate
> that you test Konstantin's patch as well, at:
>
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-hackers/2013-May/042876.html
>
> [1] See attachment; the commit is
> https://github.com/trueos/trueos/commit/f678ae7c7f72fba577b00e3d0c237c4f297575c6

As of ~12 hours ago I am running that system with your patch (which
seems to have incorporated Konstantin's patch already) and if it was
effective I will not have anything to report back for at least 20 days.
No news will be good news in this case.

If I make it to 20+ days without a livelock, that will be a pretty good
indication that this helped if not fixed it and I will report back at
that time. Thus far this year I've not gone longer than 15 days without
a livelock.

Thank you again!