Dell R710 with PERC H310. GPT issues and hardware raid or ZFS?

Sean Bruno sean_bruno at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 4 02:22:03 UTC 2013

> Some mfi controllers actually have a JBOD option, if it does you'll
> be able to this controller if not watch out as using the RAID 0 option
> will almost certainly cause you pain.
>
> mps as Jeremy has said is better option.
>
>     Regards
>     Steve

I note that the H310 in a test R420 that I have does indeed have a JBOD
option.  This presents a disk as /dev/mfisyspdX which is totally
befuddling.

On our stable/9, we get crash and burns with kernel panics and data
corruption, but I haven't pursued it enough to be productive.  I did
bump the machine to head and didn't see any difference.

Sean