kern/122380: [ffs] ffs_valloc:dup alloc (Soekris 4801/7.0/USB Flash mem)

Brent Welch welch.brent at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 03:50:01 UTC 2013

The following reply was made to PR kern/122380; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Brent Welch <welch.brent at gmail.com>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, freebsd-current-panic at t-b-o-h.net
Subject: Re: kern/122380: [ffs] ffs_valloc:dup alloc (Soekris 4801/7.0/USB
 Flash mem)
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 20:45:22 -0700

 --e89a8ff1ceb6858c3a04e50defdd

 I'm hitting this frequently on 9.1, freshly installed from the ISO image.
  I have many ffs partitions (40)
 and am running a simple load generation script against each mount point.
  The load generator just
 does a random collection of create, read, write, hardlink, trunc, delete
 from a script.

 There is only a single application thread running against each mount point,
 but there are 40 processes
 running against 40 different mount points.  This has happened both after a
 hard crash + FSCK, and
 fairly soon after a newfs.

 36 of the devices are SAS drives.  4 are SATA SSD.  I'm not sure which
 mount point is involved, yet.

 Brent Welch
 welch at acm.org

 --e89a8ff1ceb6858c3a04e50defdd

 from the ISO image. =A0I have many ffs partitions (40)<div>and am running a=
  simple load generation script against each mount point. =A0The load genera=
 tor just</div>
 on thread running against each mount point, but there are 40 processes</div=

 #39;m not sure which mount point is involved, yet.</div>

 --e89a8ff1ceb6858c3a04e50defdd--