NANDFS eats itself up

Mateusz Guzik mjguzik at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 15:13:51 UTC 2012

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 05:06:12PM +0200, Boris Astardzhiev wrote:
> Yes, I do. I've made this to repeat via a script. The interval between each
> SCP transfer is 100s. I thought it would give just enough time to the fs
> for reclaiming its space back.
>
> Now I stopped the transfers and doubled the vfs.nandfs.cleaner_segments to
> 10. The fs has no files in it but it reports "~9.6MB" of used space. 4+
> hours later it has NOT changed at all it still reports "~9.6MB" Used.

Now this indeed sounds like a bug. Can you enable debug like this:
# sysctl vfs.nandfs.verbose=0xffffffff

The kernel will start printing a lot of debugging information. With
default configuration of syslog this will end up in /var/log/messages.
Capture something like 30 seconds of output and post it somewhere.

--
Mateusz Guzik <mjguzik gmail.com>