"panic: snapblkfree: inconsistent block type" on FreeBSD 9.0 RELEASE

José García Juanino jjuanino at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 18:08:09 UTC 2012

On 3 June 2012 14:16, José García Juanino <jjuanino at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am getting a lot of "snapblkfree: inconsistent block type" panics on
> my FreeBSD 9.0-RELEASE. My file systems have not any inconsistencies,
> I am checked them with fsck. But I have some snapshots with softupdate
> inconsistencies  (fsck_ffs /path/to/snapshot), and I suspect that may
> be the cause of the panics. I have several questions:
>
> 1- Snapshots with fsck inconsistencies might be the cause of my panics?
> 2- Should I remove any of such "corrupt" snapshots?
>
> If someone is interested, I can provide a full backtrace. Kernel is
> GENERIC, with no tweaks. File system are been created with normal
> "newfs -U". No special setting is using.

I have three full core dumps:

http://www.mipaginapersonal.movistar.es/web3/jjuanino/core.txt.1
http://www.mipaginapersonal.movistar.es/web3/jjuanino/core.txt.2
http://www.mipaginapersonal.movistar.es/web3/jjuanino/core.txt.3

The relevant code is, in the three examples:

#3  0xffffffff80a40124 in ffs_snapblkfree (fs=0xfffffe0002deb000,
devvp=Variable "devvp" is not available.
)
    at /usr/src/sys/ufs/ffs/ffs_snapshot.c:1799

Regards