"panic: snapblkfree: inconsistent block type" on FreeBSD 9.0 RELEASE

José García Juanino jjuanino at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 12:16:26 UTC 2012

Hi,

I am getting a lot of "snapblkfree: inconsistent block type" panics on
my FreeBSD 9.0-RELEASE. My file systems have not any inconsistencies,
I am checked them with fsck. But I have some snapshots with softupdate
inconsistencies  (fsck_ffs /path/to/snapshot), and I suspect that may
be the cause of the panics. I have several questions:

1- Snapshots with fsck inconsistencies might be the cause of my panics?
2- Should I remove any of such "corrupt" snapshots?

If someone is interested, I can provide a full backtrace. Kernel is
GENERIC, with no tweaks. File system are been created with normal
"newfs -U". No special setting is using.

Any advice is wellcome

Best regards