zpool get all core dumps when no pool is active

Johan Hendriks joh.hendriks at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 09:30:06 UTC 2012

Hello all.

On my test machine with FreeBSD Current from 14-07-2012 i lost my zpool
due to a disconnected power supply.
I noticed when i do a zpool get all on a pool that is not active, zpool
core dumps.
I do not know if it should do this, but an error message that there are
no active pools would make it nicer.

hast2 ~ # zpool status
   pool: testpool
  state: UNAVAIL
status: One or more devices could not be opened.  There are insufficient
         replicas for the pool to continue functioning.
action: Attach the missing device and online it using 'zpool online'.
    see: http://illumos.org/msg/ZFS-8000-3C
   scan: none requested
config:

         NAME                      STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
         testpool                  UNAVAIL      0     0     0
           mirror-0                UNAVAIL      0     0     0
             10238773687773245204  UNAVAIL      0     0     0  was
/dev/gpt/disk0
             7739197258598802985   UNAVAIL      0     0     0  was
/dev/gpt/disk1
hast2 ~ # zpool get all
Assertion failed: (nvlist_lookup_nvlist(config, "feature_stats",
&features) == 0), file
/usr/src/cddl/lib/libzfs/../../../cddl/contrib/opensolaris/lib/libzfs/common/libzfs_config.c,
line 250.
Abort trap: 6 (core dumped)

It leaves a core file
-rw-------   1 root  wheel  8990720 Jul 20 12:20 zpool.core

Also a zpool get all testpool coredumps.

regards
Johan Hendriks
Neuteboom Automatisering