how to import raidz2, if only one disk is missing?

Vladislav V. Prodan universite at ukr.net
Wed May 25 22:10:45 UTC 2011

25.05.2011 20:55, Jeremy Chadwick wrote:

> Without knowing the exact device model of disk ("Device Model:"), and
> whether or not the disk is within smartmontools' internal drive database
> ("Device is:"), this attribute may or may not actually be
> End-to-End_Error.  It would be helpful if you could provide that.  Are
> these HP drives, per chance?
>
> Assuming these are HP drives: end-to-end error indicates, more or less,
> bad cache on the drive itself.  HP implemented a parity check on every
> 512 bytes read/written from/to the drive's cache.  There's no error
> correction used (to my knowledge), and failures are reported back to the
> (host) controller in some manner.  HP does document that "in some
> situations" (reads) the drive can attempt re-reads and re-write that
> block of data in the cache, in hopes that a subsequent read will work.
> In that situation I imagine the attribute would be incremented but a
> hard failure (ATA error, etc.) not shown.
>
> Are you absolutely certain you haven't seen a single error on your
> FreeBSD console (or in /var/log/messages, etc.) since these drives were
> put into use?  Were these brand new drives or previously used?
>
> (Footnote for readers: this SMART attribute shouldn't be confused with
> attribute 199 (CRC errors), which indicates communication failures
> between both controllers (the controller in the host, and the controller
> on the drive PCB) and is often an indicator of bad cabling, a bad
> hot-swap backplane, a dusty/dirty SATA port, etc...)

Thanks so much for so many messages.

I wanted to spread the software issue from hardware, but probably will
have to tell:)

I mean:
Motherboard BIOSTAR TA780G M2 + HP - 1 pc
CPU AMD Athlon (tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ - 1 pc.
PCI Express (1x) Controller for 2 SATA ports, chipset Silicon Image Inc
SiI 3132 - 1 pc.
HDD SAMSUNG HD753LJ - 6 pcs.
HDD WDC WD5000AAKS-00TMA0 - 1 pc.
Power Supply Chieftec 550 - 1 pc.
On WD drives installed FreeBSD and plugged into the port Pci-e controller.
All HDD Samsung plugged in the 6 slots on the motherboard.
And an array of them gathered raidz2 on ZFS.
All of this is gathered in a large body of Chieftec three years ago

Periodically, about once every six months, 1-2 hard drive fall off from
the system
Helped or unplugged sata-data cable, and again plugged into the socket.
A couple of times I changed them all sata-data cables with new ones.

Recently, I set up to monitor smartd, to be aware of life hdd.
He immediately found problems at three hdd.
A couple of problematic hdd were tested mhdd, but problems with the
bad-blocks not found.

One of these problematic hdd I passed a local service center Samsung
promised to return in 10-14 days.

Now plan to borrow hdd 750GB and above to rebuild pool to working state,
partly to make backuping data to another hdd.

P.S. Thank you translate.google.com for translation :)

--
Vladislav V. Prodan
VVP24-UANIC
vlad11 at jabber.ru