kern/152079: [msdosfs] [patch] Small cleanups from the other NetBSD/OpenBSD

Pedro F. Giffuni giffunip at tutopia.com
Sat Mar 26 01:01:41 UTC 2011

--- On Fri, 3/25/11, Kostik Belousov <kostikbel at gmail.com> wrote:

> No, I do not want it in our testing framework. I want to
> see a standalone test that demonstrates the issue.
> I think the leak is real, but want to have a way to
> reproduce it before committing.
>
> The diff you pointed out to t_vnops.c does not make much
> sense to me.

I looked a little more in their records and I found this:
_____
	/* rename directory over an empty directory */
	md(pb1, mp, "parent");
	md(pb2, mp, "parent/dir1");
	md(pb3, mp, "parent/dir2");
	RL(rump_sys_mkdir(pb1, 0777));
	RL(rump_sys_mkdir(pb2, 0777));
	RL(rump_sys_mkdir(pb3, 0777));
	RL(rump_sys_rename(pb2, pb3));

	RL(rump_sys_stat(pb1, &sb));
	ATF_CHECK_EQ(sb.st_nlink, 3);
	RL(rump_sys_rmdir(pb3));
	if (FSTYPE_TMPFS(tc))
		atf_tc_expect_signal(-1, "PR kern/44288");
______

There's also this that was removed once the PR was fixed:

-	if (FSTYPE_MSDOS(tc))
-		atf_tc_skip("test fails in some setups, reason unknown");

hope that helps.

Pedro.